Whether you are moving from one neighborhood to another within the Rochester, NY area, or soon to become a new resident, there are many details that need attention. To start: water, garbage service, recycling, gas and electric, telephone, Internet and newspapers. Start here to find out more about what you need to complete your move.
Business and Professional Organizations
- Greater Rochester Association of Realtors
Information on area real estate agents, open houses and housing prices.
Phone: (585) 292-5000
- Rochester Home Builders’ Association
For more than 70 years, the Rochester Home Builders’ Association (RHBA) has continued to strive toward improving the quality and professionalism of the local residential construction industry.
Phone: (585) 272-8222
- Greater Rochester Visitors Association
Provides maps, tour guides, hotel information and details on recreation, entertainment and cultural events.
Phone: (585) 546-6810
- Rochester Business Alliance
Advocate for business and economic development.
Phone: (585) 244-1800
- NYS Department of Motor Vehicles
Monroe County Auto License Bureau 24-hour Hot Line: (585) 753-1603
- Monroe County Auto Bureau – County Clerk Website
- Ambulance/Fire/Police Emergencies
Text Telephone Customers (TTY): 9-1-1
- Electric Interruption/Emergency
- Natural Gas Odor/Emergency
TTY (toll-free): 1-800-962-3293
- Oil Spills
Phone: 1-800-424-8802 (voice or TTY)
Gas and Electric/Utilities
Hard of Hearing, Deaf, Speech Impaired/Relay Service
- New York Relay Service (emergency and non-emergency)
- Hearing Persons
To communicate with hard of hearing, deaf, speech-impaired who uses a TTY call, toll-free, 24-hours: 1-800-421-1220 or 7-1-1.
- TTY Users
If you are hard of hearing, deaf or speech-impaired – type your message on a Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD) by calling, toll-free, 24-hours 1-800-662-1220.
- Highland Hospital
Phone: (585) 473-2200
- Lakeside Memorial Hospital
Phone: (585) 395-6095
- Park Ridge Hospital
Phone: (585) 723-7000
- Rochester General Hospital
Phone: (585) 922-4000
- Strong Memorial Hospital
Phone: (585) 275-2100
- Democrat And Chronicle
Serves Rochester and Monroe County
Subscriptions: (585) 232-5550
- Messenger Post Papers
Serves Towns and Villages in and around Monroe County
- Frontier Corporation
Residential: (585) 777-4663
Business: (585) 777-9675
Phone: (585) 756-5000
Post Office/Change of Address
- United States Postal Service (USPS)
Visit your local Post Office or use their online Change of Address form.
Refuse & Recycling
- City of Rochester Refuse Collection: (585) 428-5990
- Waste Management: (800) 333-6590
- Youngblood Disposal: (585) 254-7081
- Lilac Disposal: (585) 872-6500
- Suburban Disposal: (585) 352-3900